IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rules / Regeln

- no copy 'n paste, only your own words (quoting is possible)
- please write in English which sounds sense (orthography should be recognizable)
- no rumours, no clan-news (except larger events)
- always with list of reference/originator
- please create compact news, 4-10 lines, colors, bold and cursive fontype is allowed

(*) We decide finally which news will be published or not. Not published news remains here only if it is acceptable.
- kein Copy&Paste, nur eigene Worte (Zitat möglich)
- bitte vernünftiges Deutsch mit erkennbarer Rechtschreibung ;)
- keine Gerüchte, keine Clannews (ausgenommen größere Veranstaltungen)
- immer mit Quellen- oder Urheberangabe
- bitte kompakte News, 4-10 Zeilen, Farbe, fett, kursiv möglich

(*) Wir entscheiden letztlich, welche News veröffentlicht wird und welche nicht. Nicht veröffentlichte News bleiben hier in diesem Forum bestehen, es sei denn sie sind für uns inakzeptabel.
- pas de copier coller, vos propres mots (citations possible)
- lisible et sans fautes ;)
- pas de "on dit", pa de news des clans (sauf les grandes manifs)
- toujours citer les sources
- essaies de faire compact, 4 - 10 lignes, couleur, gras possible

(*) On decide a la fin, laquelle des news va etre publie und laquelle non. News non publies restent dans ce forum, sauf si elle est inacceptable!
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> maps sources request, MLB Temple
Ronboy
post Mar 7 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #16

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Group: Members

Member No.: 543036

QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 7 2019, 07:07 AM) *
and chavo is here :
http://chavo-one.com/ but no contact here
i send him an email : hope he will get it

Nice to see an old website that's still online, although it hasn't been updated since 2004. sadd.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Mar 7 2019, 08:11 PM
Post #17

Group Icon General of the Army

Group: Management

Member No.: 12398

I was on the "TramDesign" website yesterday, Ron, to try and find a way of contacting Marko. Who's posts did I see there? The one and only Vicpas nicken.gif .

Perhaps he knows a way of contacting, Marko, mate, do you think you could ask him for Kate?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Teuthis
post Mar 7 2019, 09:33 PM
Post #18

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 439171

QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Mar 7 2019, 09:11 PM) *
I was on the "TramDesign" website yesterday, Ron, to try and find a way of contacting Marko. Who's posts did I see there? The one and only Vicpas nicken.gif .

Perhaps he knows a way of contacting, Marko, mate, do you think you could ask him for Kate?

I send Kate an email with the decompiler. I will send you guys also the mapping sources. but it's a heavy folder, 10GB

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Mar 7 2019, 10:32 PM
Post #19

Group Icon Lieutenant Colonel

Member No.: 97334

nothing in my email box atm

Teuthis you are register at ets site , you can sent me here with a pm

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ronboy
post Mar 8 2019, 12:47 AM
Post #20

Well, I will gladly ask Vicpas about how to contact Marko, if you want me to, macbeth. nicken.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Mar 8 2019, 01:39 AM
Post #21

QUOTE (Ronboy @ Mar 8 2019, 12:47 AM) *
Well, I will gladly ask Vicpas about how to contact Marko, if you want me to, macbeth. nicken.gif

yes do it
i tried to find marko with his name mark Reeve : if i remember correctly this is his real name : looking at facebook and skype

lol i think we can start a new clan named sherlock holmes nicken.gif

This post has been edited by macbeth: Mar 8 2019, 01:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Teuthis
post Mar 8 2019, 07:28 AM
Post #22

Group Icon Sergeant

QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 8 2019, 02:39 AM) *

yes do it
i tried to find marko with his name mark Reeve : if i remember correctly this is his real name : looking at facebook and skype

Kate, did you now receive my email? The mail passed but maybe the attachement is too lorge with (just) 4 MB. Let me know if haven' received it and I send you a download link.

Best!
Teuthis

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Mar 8 2019, 09:54 AM
Post #23

QUOTE (Teuthis @ Mar 8 2019, 07:28 AM) *

yes do it

Kate, did you now receive my email? The mail passed but maybe the attachement is too lorge with (just) 4 MB. Let me know if haven' received it and I send you a download link.

Best!
Teuthis

nope i dont get any email from you , i looked at yesterday and this morning but still nothing , so this failed

--------------------

+Quote Post
WuTangH
post Mar 8 2019, 02:51 PM
Post #24

Group Icon Private 1st Class

Member No.: 90777

I think you are going wrong way trying to decompile map, as it will not fix your issue. It will only generate a .MAP file for you, but these files are already available (on wolffiles and other sites) in better quality than a decompiled .BSP.

What you are missing is .PCX file and few TGA files for Temple, which were used for terrain blending (textures gradient between eachother).. Some MLB map sources include these files and some dont.
These files were used in a method, where mapmaker generated whole terrain in softwares like EasyGen. These softwares also generated PCX files for you.. Meaning that you cant make them manually, or maybe you can but noone knows how it works.
So unless you somehow rebuild whole Temples terrain in Easygen, and adjust it to the map, you cant have these files.
I already explained this on SD forums to Smiley - https://forums.splashdamage.com/t/mlb-egypt-temple/150918

.. There are some Temple recompiled version tho.. like the WF_MLB_Temple.. I wonder how they did it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Mar 8 2019, 03:51 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (WuTangH @ Mar 8 2019, 04:51 PM) *
.. There are some Temple recompiled version tho.. like the WF_MLB_Temple.. I wonder how they did it.

That's true, WuTang, they made an excellent remake of the map, it's one of my favourites super.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Teuthis
post Mar 8 2019, 05:42 PM
Post #26

Group Icon Sergeant

QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 8 2019, 10:54 AM) *
QUOTE (Teuthis @ Mar 8 2019, 07:28 AM) *

yes do it

Best!
Teuthis

nope i dont get any email from you , i looked at yesterday and this morning but still nothing , so this failed

Strange, just send it again, no error message. You will also find the decompiler in the files i provided to Wolf Enstein. I recommend the BAT compiler tool over the little programm, simply because it works more reliable to me.

QUOTE (WuTangH @ Mar 8 2019, 03:51 PM) *
I think you are going wrong way trying to decompile map, as it will not fix your issue. It will only generate a .MAP file for you, but these files are already available (on wolffiles and other sites) in better quality than a decompiled .BSP.

What you are missing is .PCX file and few TGA files for Temple, which were used for terrain blending (textures gradient between eachother).. Some MLB map sources include these files and some dont.
These files were used in a method, where mapmaker generated whole terrain in softwares like EasyGen. These softwares also generated PCX files for you.. Meaning that you cant make them manually, or maybe you can but noone knows how it works.
So unless you somehow rebuild whole Temples terrain in Easygen, and adjust it to the map, you cant have these files.
I already explained this on SD forums to Smiley - https://forums.splashdamage.com/t/mlb-egypt-temple/150918

Well, you can easily retexture the map and then you donˋt need the pcx file. These pcx method is quite historic and was only used in the very first maps, but is not used in the last 10 years. So retexturing is not a bad solution

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Mar 8 2019, 05:54 PM
Post #27

i just got the program
thanks you very much
a lil readme to how use it will be appreciated but i am not a mapper grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Meister Gandalf
post Mar 8 2019, 06:17 PM
Post #28

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 72085

QUOTE (Ronboy @ Mar 7 2019, 08:00 PM) *
QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 7 2019, 07:07 AM) *
and chavo is here :
http://chavo-one.com/ but no contact here
i send him an email : hope he will get it

Nice to see an old website that's still online, although it hasn't been updated since 2004. sadd.gif

registered to someone named
James Baucom
j@mesbau.com
maybe that adress works if thats the person you try to contact

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Mar 8 2019, 07:37 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Meister Gandalf @ Mar 8 2019, 08:17 PM) *
registered to someone named
James Baucom
j@mesbau.com
maybe that adress works if thats the person you try to contact

That's some very nice detective work there, Gandalf thanks.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ronboy
post Mar 9 2019, 01:21 AM
Post #30

QUOTE (macbeth @ Mar 7 2019, 07:39 PM) *
yes do it

I will ask one more time, just in case you've changed your mind, as others here have been helping you out with getting what you're looking for. Would you like for me to send an email to Vicpas regarding how to contact Marko?

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2019 - 06:02 AM