StoerFaktoR
post Sep 14 2016, 09:05 AM
Post #1

Group Icon Colonel

Group: Members

Member No.: 91640

Hey guys,
I justed tested the new et:legacy 2.75 but I do not like it. sadd.gif

First : I can't load my configs . I tried it via link "etlegacy-v2.75-x86\etl.exe +exec autoexec.cfg"
Second : I can't open the console which i use in every game (console key is binded) -- Can only play with 90FPS WTF!!!
Third : i can't run the game in my resolution (1600x900px) bcs. i can't open console and there is no support for my resolution in the settings
Fourth : still no anticheat (I do not play on servers which running without a Anticheat) -- Maybe it would be an good idea if the devs of SilentMod , Nitmod and Legacy try to make an universal anticheat system which runs on all 3 mods together or is this a mod competition?

Why the console key is disabled?
Why i can't run my configs via link?
Are this deliberate restrictions or is it a bug?

Regards Stoer

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rehhhh
post Sep 14 2016, 01:32 PM
Post #2

Group Icon Sergeant Major

Member No.: 95085

as seen in chatb0x.. tryna re-name the autoexec to smth dif. -- use subfolder to load 'em (pref. etmain=)
However, this console thingy i dunn0 meng.. maybe you should replace the generated clientconfig by etL with yer's
////////////////////////////

shit.. regarding the anti-cheat part -- how about using "qmm1.3" to load external .so's (as for server adm0nz)

This post has been edited by rehhhh: Sep 14 2016, 01:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
keMoN
post Sep 14 2016, 02:02 PM
Post #3

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 90298

Hello there,

First of all, I want to say that it is pure coincidence that I have found this thread. If you have bugs that you wish the be reported and be heard by us, then in the future please use our forum, IRC channel, Gitter channel, Homepage or the SD forum.
Questions that are directed at us, but placed in any other forums are incredibly likely to be missed by us. We don't have the possibility to check each and every clan page for reports, that is why we have such a broad variety of possible engagements to directly get in touch with us.
It is also nice to see that one of the official site managers is not putting up a news entry, but rather secretly bashing the project. If you have questions or bug reports, please don't just post them somewhere and try to convince your site visitors that this release is awful. Instead it would be favourable (at least from our side) to have an active collaboration or information exchange running to further improve the game.

Regarding your feedback:

First: There are no known issues why you should not be able to execute your configs like you used to. Please make sure that they are placed in the appropriate directories and are actually being found by the game. Then load the cofigs via the console as you have always done.

Second: Because ET: Legacy has a broad support for further languages and international keyboards, the console might behave differently than usual. Please refer to this ticket for the next release.
In the meantime, try either the [^] or the [~] key which are normally bound to the console. Make sure to not press the button this icon is on, but rather the necessary key combination to get it. This might include [SHIFT], [FN], [ALT GR] or others.

Third: Automatic resolution setting is done by SDL, so might be a limitation, we are not sure at this point in time. It actually should have found the resolution used by the desktop. In the meantime, please adjust your resolution like you used to, in the console.

Fourth:
(I do not play on servers which running without a Anticheat)
Existing Anti-Cheats in W:ET are simply put, a joke. Setting up a proper Anti-Cheat takes incredible amount of work and continuous updates, which even AAA titles have incredible difficulties with.
Anti-Cheat software in an open-source project is practically laughable, because people plainly see what measures we take to restrict hacking and can simply pass that.

Maybe it would be an good idea if the devs of SilentMod , Nitmod and Legacy try to make an universal anticheat system which runs on all 3 mods together or is this a mod competition?

You are right, it would be a good idea. However, you are directing it at the wrong people. Our project is completely open-source which is not the case with a lot of custom mods. We have inquired the desire for collaboration many times and quite often they were rejected, because the mod didn't want to release their code.

Why the console key is disabled?

It isn't.

Why i can't run my configs via link?

Please make sure your configs are in the appropriate directory and report back to us if you are still encountering these issues. For faster feedback please try to use an official channel.

Are this deliberate restrictions or is it a bug?

The opening of the console is a SDL2 related issue, which changed significantly the way console can be called on international keyboards.

Cheers

This post has been edited by keMoN: Sep 14 2016, 03:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Sep 14 2016, 02:36 PM
Post #4

Group Icon General

Group: Management

Member No.: 12398

QUOTE (keMoN @ Sep 14 2016, 04:02 PM) *
........It is also nice to see that one of the official site managers is not putting up a news entry, but rather secretly bashing the project.....

That's a bit harsh, Kemon bro. If Stoer was "secretly bashing" your excellent project he'd have posted in the "Admins Only" section of our website, not in the public section. All he's done is to post his views and concerns regarding his own personal use of the new release.

@ Stoer

As for lowering the in-game console, I have no problem with this, as you can see here, amigo:

However, I use a British-styled keyboard so, as Kemon mentioned, all you have to do is to find the appropriate German keyboard equivolent nicken.gif . As for your configs, make sure that you place them in the proper places in your root directory of your ET: Legacy install and also your ET: Legacy folder in "documents". Once you do that, I'm sure that your config will work, bro zwinker.gif .

As for the anti-cheat, Kemon's right, it would be a huge task for them to implement a "top of the range" anti-cheat system. However, I agree that you also have a valid point here, Stoer, when it comes to the "Silent Mod, Nitmod and ET: Legacy Devteams working together in order to create their own anti-cheat. While it's true, Kemon, when you say that some will overcome the anti-cheat precautions it would still be better than having no anti-cheat whatsoever and also a handy tool for server Admins to have at their disposal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
macbeth
post Sep 14 2016, 02:49 PM
Post #5

Group Icon Captain

Member No.: 97334

no problem at all with this new etlegacy here just used it

--------------------

+Quote Post
StoerFaktoR
post Sep 14 2016, 03:04 PM
Post #6

Group Icon Colonel

Member No.: 91640

Bashing ??? 01lol.gif ditsch.gif

Maybe I should ask the questions differently ;)

anyone knows why ....

The questions was dedicated to the splatterladder community and I just want to know if someone have the same problems like me.

btw. keys & configs still not work

--------------------

+Quote Post
keMoN
post Sep 14 2016, 03:42 PM
Post #7

Group Icon Sergeant

QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Sep 14 2016, 04:04 PM) *
Bashing ??? 01lol.gif ditsch.gif

Maybe I should ask the questions differently ;)

anyone knows why ....

Well, the thread title contains three sad emoticons, the thread icon is a mad smiley and the overall post design not quite constructive. So in my humble opinion it comes closer to bashing than to a bug-report. The problem with this is, that it is possible, that you as a site moderator influence the people more than others. Anyways, enough with the salt.

QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ Sep 14 2016, 04:04 PM) *
The questions was dedicated to the splatterladder community and I just want to know if someone have the same problems like me.

btw. keys & configs still not work

It is possible that others also have issues, report them here and you all agree that this project is bad and move on. This is quite a problem, because if we hadn't seen this update, we wouldn't have known that there are people who are experiencing issues. We, and the game, would lose loyal fans, without even knowing that we do. In other words, we can't fix anything, that we don't know is broken :)

Anyway, I shouldn't be discouraging people from using their own forums and in the past, normally all bug-reports reached us sooner or later.Someone always gives us a shout about stuff like that.
You were merely asking whether other players were also having troubles and I trust that someone would have notified us, if that was the case.

Have you checked if there is a key bound to toggleconsole in the autoexec config and if yes, which it is? If I remember correctly by default it is [~] this wave thingy. On a German keyboard you might have to press [Alt GR] + [~] to actually get that key, depending on what other keys are bound to that button by your system.

Cheers

This post has been edited by keMoN: Sep 14 2016, 03:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
N3rwitZ
post Sep 15 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #8

Group Icon Corporal

Member No.: 438751

QUOTE (keMoN @ Sep 14 2016, 05:42 PM) *

Stoer & KeMoN dear gentlemen, don't turn the topic into dubious impressions sword fighting. Be objective. Keep the shenanigans for later? I will shackle you into the dark level, in where a faceless..gggohggg.. lies heh!

What concerns rolling the edition, I'm lacking time go through the enhancements bundled. Last release I did not encounter any game delaying complications, on Windows 7. In what may look a sooner plan, may be switching on some Linux distribution for the home laptop sporting XP SP2. Provide some bug reports, maybe?

This post has been edited by N3rwitZ: Sep 15 2016, 07:44 PM

+Quote Post
keMoN
post Sep 16 2016, 11:18 AM
Post #9

Group Icon Sergeant

QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Sep 14 2016, 03:36 PM) *
As for the anti-cheat, Kemon's right, it would be a huge task for them to implement a "top of the range" anti-cheat system. However, I agree that you also have a valid point here, Stoer, when it comes to the "Silent Mod, Nitmod and ET: Legacy Devteams working together in order to create their own anti-cheat. While it's true, Kemon, when you say that some will overcome the anti-cheat precautions it would still be better than having no anti-cheat whatsoever and also a handy tool for server Admins to have at their disposal.

You are absolutely correct, some form of anti-cheat is more reliable than having none at all. An anti-cheat is certainly in the back of our heads, but unfortunately it takes a lot of work to implement something proper and at this point we think it is wiser to still focus more on fixing bugs and smoothing out the overall game experience. Until then we do have the LUA Admin suite, which should already help admins in managing the servers.
We do see the need for anti-cheat meassures, however we can't focus on that in the near future, I apologize.

I also would like to apologize for the style of my two previous posts. They were hardly professional and not really appropriate.
Having that said, I want to thank all of you for downloading and testing the freshest ET: Legacy build and I do hope you all enjoy it and have as little troubles as possible.
If I can do anything for you, or if you have any suggestions for features you think are 'nice-to-have', bug- reports or anything else, please get in touch with us or simply post here.
I will make sure to keep an eye out for this thread.

Cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Sep 16 2016, 02:31 PM
Post #10

Group Icon General

QUOTE (keMoN @ Sep 16 2016, 01:18 PM) *
We do see the need for anti-cheat meassures, however we can't focus on that in the near future, I apologize.

Apologise? Neither you, or your very loyal and hard-working Devteam, have anything to apologise for, KeMoN. What you've achieved so far, with very limited resources, has been remarkable and is very much appreciated by all Wolf ET fans cheers.gif . As for the anti-cheat, that's in the "one for the future" bracket. The modernising of our beloved WWII FPS is far more important for now nicken.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
{WeB}*DoG
post Sep 20 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #11

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Member No.: 13132

Absolutely ... new ETlegacy is best version so far by a country mile downloaded it and it was smooth as silk. The anti cheat has always been an issue since we were hung out to dry. But hey ho as server admins we just have to be vigilant and try to keep on top of the guys that ruin the pleasure for the many to please themselves.
Its one of the things whilst looking at new games (to us) that we have seen in most of the games as an issue Day of Defeat source is rife with cheats, so we are not alone in this predicament. Having spent a long time making a hd pack I know how it feels to have it picked at, sometimes we become a little too protective but im very glad we have chatted and sorted things out! looking forward to the map updates...

cheers.gif cheers.gif

--------------------

LONG LIVE ET ! LONG LIVE SL ! LONG LIVE {WeB}!!!

+Quote Post
keMoN
post Dec 1 2016, 03:43 PM
Post #12

Group Icon Sergeant

Hello everyone.

The good people over at modDB have launched their annual "Mod of the Year" award competition. There are three phases and in the current phase 1, people can nominate their favourite mods. After Phase 1 the Top100 will advance to Phase 2 and in phase 3 the mod of the year will be announced.

Admittedly, the competition is fierce and we are a small mod for a 13 year old game. However, there are over 10.000 mods out there and we are convinced of the general performance and visual enhancements we have already brought to the game. The fact that this forum thread is relatively quiet right now is a little bit misleading.

� Our activity on GitHub is wonderful.
� The regular game textures are ready and awaiting the 2.76 release and we are working on setting up the advanced texture mapping with normal and specular maps.
� Thunderpwn has been hard at work replacing all static mapobject models to bring use one step closer to complete freedome from the license restrictions that are still in place.
� DimitriZer0 is working on a custom player model to replace the standard ones. Currently still in alpha state, the future plans are promising with different skins depening on the map setting and also appropriate backpack and gear for the different classes.
� There are currently 3 maps that are being worked on, to ship ET: Legacy with fantastic maps that make full use of the new, powerful renderer. These maps are Bergen, W�rzburb Radar and Goldrush. And Seawall Battery is even a close candidate for a 4th map.

This sounds like a lot and you might now be wondering, why there aren't more news on Forums or Social media.
The answer is, that the majority of these points is still in alpha state, which means they are still subject to constant change. We are testing different ways and approaches, which means that showing something off, could mean that after a few weeks this is already outdated. Nevertheless, if you are interested in the closer development and want to follow current discussions, bug and feature problematics and the occasional sneak-peek into said alpha state development, then please don't hesitate to join us in our public Gitter channel.

Our latest release 2.75 'Learning to Fly' from the 13th of September, has already been downloaded a staggering amount of 14.000 times!
We are very proud of that fact and appreciate all the support we get from you, our community.

Please help us spread the word.
If you have a modDB account, please take the 2 minutes and nominate us for the 'Mod of the Year' award.
Let's make sure the global gaming and modding community, knows that great games can live to great age.

This post has been edited by keMoN: Dec 1 2016, 04:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Dec 1 2016, 04:07 PM
Post #13

Group Icon General

Good luck in the mod competition, keMoN, hopefully we'll see you and the team advance to the final 100 top mods nicken.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nico'x
post Dec 1 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #14

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Member No.: 120893

That's why I'm using default ET, on ETL I can't play on servers with PB and Anticheat...

+Quote Post
ETc|Jay
post Dec 1 2016, 10:39 PM
Post #15

Group Icon Major General

Member No.: 18126

etl is nice. I run it on linux, client side. Open console for german keyboards press alt gr and +. What i really dont like on clientside is using of 2 folder. If you set homepath and basepath together it will not run the game. Thats the only point why i dont share it.
etl serverside is a waste of time in the development. The servers wich runs etl or etl with etl mod are empty and will be empty in future. For this nobody will search for.

client f1
server f2

This post has been edited by ETc|Jay: Dec 1 2016, 10:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 06:08 PM