IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rules / Regeln

- no copy 'n paste, only your own words (quoting is possible)
- please write in English which sounds sense (orthography should be recognizable)
- no rumours, no clan-news (except larger events)
- always with list of reference/originator
- please create compact news, 4-10 lines, colors, bold and cursive fontype is allowed

(*) We decide finally which news will be published or not. Not published news remains here only if it is acceptable.
- kein Copy&Paste, nur eigene Worte (Zitat möglich)
- bitte vernünftiges Deutsch mit erkennbarer Rechtschreibung ;)
- keine Gerüchte, keine Clannews (ausgenommen größere Veranstaltungen)
- immer mit Quellen- oder Urheberangabe
- bitte kompakte News, 4-10 Zeilen, Farbe, fett, kursiv möglich

(*) Wir entscheiden letztlich, welche News veröffentlicht wird und welche nicht. Nicht veröffentlichte News bleiben hier in diesem Forum bestehen, es sei denn sie sind für uns inakzeptabel.
- pas de copier coller, vos propres mots (citations possible)
- lisible et sans fautes ;)
- pas de "on dit", pa de news des clans (sauf les grandes manifs)
- toujours citer les sources
- essaies de faire compact, 4 - 10 lignes, couleur, gras possible

(*) On decide a la fin, laquelle des news va etre publie und laquelle non. News non publies restent dans ce forum, sauf si elle est inacceptable!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Enemy Territory II
Wolf Enstein
post May 22 2019, 01:48 PM
Post #1

Group Icon General of the Army

Group: Management

Member No.: 12398

Here's the latest video update for "Enemy Territory II" from Gert. If you're a mapper, modder or animator and would like to get involved with the new project , then please email the Devteam at gert@nothing2great.com nicken.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nico'x
post May 22 2019, 03:14 PM
Post #2

Group Icon Second Lieutenant

Group: Members

Member No.: 120893

This is great!!!

+Quote Post
Teuthis
post May 23 2019, 09:19 PM
Post #3

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 439171

Omg, this is awesome. Is this the UE4 engine? C++ scripting?, this is fantastic work.

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post May 23 2019, 10:34 PM
Post #4

Yes, Teuthis, it's "UE4", the bloke who's running the Devteam just signed up at the "TwT" website nicken.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Teuthis
post May 24 2019, 05:53 PM
Post #5

Group Icon Sergeant

QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ May 23 2019, 11:34 PM) *
Yes, Teuthis, it's "UE4", the bloke who's running the Devteam just signed up at the "TwT" website nicken.gif .

Gotcha. This project is certainly what we are all graving for. The UE4 editor is managable, easier asthe GTK radiant. The scripting part is (at least for me) challanging since the Q3 engine uses totally different scripting language. While the Q3 scripting is something we learned to get along with, it certainly requires a set of young folks who have the eager to dig in her as much as we old folks did 10 years ago with the Q3 engine. Also the coding part, so everything around the mapping is certainly an uphill battle. But absolutely worth the fight. I hope this works out. Would be totally awesome

+Quote Post
#AxE|dookie
post May 25 2019, 10:41 AM
Post #6

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 508457

Looking forward to this!

--------------------

+Quote Post
macbeth
post May 25 2019, 04:46 PM
Post #7

Group Icon Lieutenant Colonel

Member No.: 97334

wait and see ...

This is why I don't really believe in that project. It's easy to put some effort for a few months, but it requires years of effort to get some playable results. Wish them all the best, but I don't believe ET2 will succeed
Lot of hype around that ET2. But you know, they only demonstrated some visual for now. I don't believe that will go past a few months of effort.
It's not the first attempt at "reviving ET", and not the last. They all failed till now

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ronboy
post May 26 2019, 08:11 PM
Post #8

Group Icon Staff Sergeant

Member No.: 543036

QUOTE (macbeth @ May 25 2019, 11:46 AM) *
wait and see ...

This is why I don't really believe in that project. It's easy to put some effort for a few months, but it requires years of effort to get some playable results. Wish them all the best, but I don't believe ET2 will succeed
Lot of hype around that ET2. But you know, they only demonstrated some visual for now. I don't believe that will go past a few months of effort.
It's not the first attempt at "reviving ET", and not the last. They all failed till now

You have a point. It's the same story with Rtcw; all efforts to create a remake/reboot have either failed or are still in development. None of those projects have been finalized yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Teuthis
post May 28 2019, 07:10 PM
Post #9

Group Icon Sergeant

QUOTE (Ronboy @ May 26 2019, 09:11 PM) *
QUOTE (macbeth @ May 25 2019, 11:46 AM) *
wait and see ...

You have a point. It's the same story with Rtcw; all efforts to create a remake/reboot have either failed or are still in development. None of those projects have been finalized yet.

Well said and true, but who believed in us 10 years ago? Who thought we would ever come up with a playable map or level? Perseverance and enthusiam is a starting point revolutions have been won with. But as I said, it requires a swarm of enthusiasts with different skills, one fish can’t make it. But TWT is an excellent platform to start off with. The coding part is the greatest obstacle in my view....
Hope it works out

+Quote Post
Teuthis
post May 28 2019, 07:18 PM
Post #10

Group Icon Sergeant

An option would be to look for an UE4 based ego shooter for which the source code is available (if there is any). Then modifying the code to get as close to ET as possible. Some russian top shelf hacker might also be of value but I personally prefer to stay on the legal side of things :)

With an innocent smile...
Teuthis

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post May 28 2019, 08:51 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Teuthis @ May 28 2019, 08:18 PM) *
An option would be to look for an UE4 based ego shooter for which the source code is available (if there is any).....

I've already pointed this out as a "back-up" option for Gert and his Devteam, Teuthis. The game I've suggested to him is "Battalion 1944".

"BATT:44" is quite similar to "Wolf: ET" in respects to "Team Deathmatch" mode. Also, they are releasing the "Battalion Toolkit" which contains everything modders and mappers need in order to create content and mods for the game:

With the "Battalion Toolkit" you can create your mod for the game, upload it to "Steam", set the mod to "private" and test it without interruption.

However, it gets better. You can also set your mod to "friends only" so that all the friends you have linked to that "Steam" account can test it with you.

There are now a full set of training videos available from the Devteam to show us how to use the tools and create mods. Go to the 7:51 mark in this video to see the "Steam" set up for mods being demonstrated:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ronboy
post Jun 1 2019, 05:37 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ May 28 2019, 03:51 PM) *
I've already pointed this out as a "back-up" option for Gert and his Devteam, Teuthis. The game I've suggested to him is "Battalion 1944".

"BATT:44" is quite similar to "Wolf: ET" in respects to "Team Deathmatch" mode. Also, they are releasing the "Battalion Toolkit" which contains everything modders and mappers need in order to create content and mods for the game:

With the "Battalion Toolkit" you can create your mod for the game, upload it to "Steam", set the mod to "private" and test it without interruption.

However, it gets better. You can also set your mod to "friends only" so that all the friends you have linked to that "Steam" account can test it with you.

There are now a full set of training videos available from the Devteam to show us how to use the tools and create mods. Go to the 7:51 mark in this video to see the "Steam" set up for mods being demonstrated:

I saw this announcement a while back ago, and I'm glad to see a game studio (in this day and time) releasing mod/mapping tools, as this rarely happens anymore. It's sad but hopefully something amazing will come from what's been going on here. nicken.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wolf Enstein
post Jun 15 2019, 02:07 PM
Post #13

Here's a few more screenshots from the project to enjoy, folks nicken.gif :

super.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
#AxE|dookie
post Jun 15 2019, 07:03 PM
Post #14

Group Icon Sergeant

Member No.: 508457

QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Jun 15 2019, 03:07 PM) *

super.gif

Cant wait on 1st beta...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ronboy
post Jun 18 2019, 04:35 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (#AxE|dookie @ Jun 15 2019, 02:03 PM) *
QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Jun 15 2019, 03:07 PM) *

super.gif

Cant wait on 1st beta...

Me too. This project looks promising, but hopefully it won't be left unfinished like other promising remake/remaster projects. nicken.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2019 - 05:57 PM