Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: etpub tournament!
[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > --> REPORT NEWS HERE <--
ETSNEAK
Hey everyone, I've posted on several clan forums so I will keep this short.

www.caliber.tourney.cc

All information we feel you need is there in the rules, and Step-by-Step page. Feel free to reply here, or add me on xfire (etsnotdead), or make a thread on our forum with any questions :)
ETSNEAK
We are now running version 1.0 r477 of etpub, please check your profile and be sure you have a GUID listed.

The reasons for the version change are the following:

1. More protection from cheaters. I say "more" because with everything, there is no 100% proven method of securing a server against cheaters. Everything is hackable/crackable in the world of computers and networking. While this is a fact, there is not really a demand for coders to create or update cheats in ET anymore, and there is a solid way to prove if someone is cheating using this new version of etpub!

2. Auto etkey generation. All players with PB disabled / pb not install / no etkey will automatically get a working etkey which does not require PB at all just by connecting to the server. This means you do not need PB anymore!

3. Better ban system. Without going into too much detail, there is new data being added to a ban block in etpub now which will help prevent banned players from entering the server again.
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (sneak310 @ Jul 6 2012, 07:21 PM) *
2. Auto etkey generation. All players with PB disabled / pb not install / no etkey will automatically get a working etkey which does not require PB at all just by connecting to the server. This means you do not need PB anymore!

3. Better ban system. Without going into too much detail, there is new data being added to a ban block in etpub now which will help prevent banned players from entering the server again.

I never realised that the new ETpub, version 1.0 r477, actually did all that. Thanks for the info, Sneak super.gif .
ETSNEAK
QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Jul 9 2012, 07:00 AM) *
QUOTE (sneak310 @ Jul 6 2012, 07:21 PM) *

I never realised that the new ETpub, version 1.0 r477, actually did all that. Thanks for the info, Sneak super.gif .

no problem. signups end tmw so if you guys want in hurry up.
ETSNEAK
9 hours 40 minutes left for signups
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.