Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Enemy Front
[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > --> REPORT NEWS HERE <--
Wolf Enstein
This World War 2 FPS has already been 18 months in the making. It has modern graphics, destructible environments and different modes to play in, such as "hardcore" and "stealth". Here's a video, made by PAX Prime, where the developers describe the different aspects of their game:

Wolf Enstein
Enemy Front creative director, Stuart Black, taking us through a couple of levels in the 12-map mission:

daredevil
Sounds like a good game. All it needs is modding community and server files when it's released!
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (daredevil @ Feb 18 2014, 08:42 PM) *
...........All it needs is modding community and server files when it's released!

Very true, Daredevil. There's a lot to like about this new World War 2 FPS, I just hope, in respects to the multiplayer game, that Stuart Black and his Dev Team take a close look at our Wolf-ET and the teamplay/objective-based aspects. If their Enemy Front multiplayer is based on that then I genuinely believe that this new release will be a very big success super.gif .
Dragon!
QUOTE (daredevil @ Feb 18 2014, 06:42 PM) *
Sounds like a good game. All it needs is modding community and server files when it's released!

Check Sniper Ghost Warrior and SGW2 - both games made by the same Polish developers. They did a bad thing to CryEngine3 in SGW2, it was very average. Let's hope they improved their skills over time rolleye.gif
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Dragon! @ Feb 19 2014, 03:47 PM) *
Check Sniper Ghost Warrior and SGW2 - both games made by the same Polish developers......

Looks okay to me, good gameplay, good graphics :

Dragon!
I played fully patched SGW, it was playable but barely enjoyable because of bugs and AI. I haven't tried SGW2 but reviews do not convince me to do it.
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Dragon! @ Feb 19 2014, 08:07 PM) *
I played fully patched SGW, it was playable but barely enjoyable because of bugs and AI.........

Ah, so the actual gameplay never really matched that in the video? Enemy Front, though, looks far superior, both in graphics and actual gameplay. Here's another video that highlights that fact:

Dragon!
You know, CoD Ghosts looked good on YT videos too but it is by far the most hated game of 2013/2014.

Anyway, time will tell.
Wolf Enstein
An interview with Enemy Front developer, Mike Chang. The video is in English with Spanish subtitles:

Wolf Enstein
The latest trailer video for Enemy Front:

Dragon!
Looks like old school Call of Duty. I like it. It is only a video though.
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Dragon! @ Apr 13 2014, 05:14 PM) *
Looks like old school Call of Duty. I like it. It is only a video though.

Yep, it's "so far so good" with this new game. I can't say I'm a fan of the iron sights, though, I've never liked them spanking.gif .
Wolf Enstein
A GotGame interview with Stephen Skelton, highlighting some of the features in Enemy Front.

Wolf Enstein
A PC Games review of Enemy Front, ( In German )

http://www.pcgames.de/Enemy-Front-PC-23881...rschau-1118257/
Wolf Enstein
The Enemy Front Stealth, Action and Sabotage trailer:

StoerFaktoR
ZITAT({WeB}GANG$TA @ May 7 2014, 06:28 PM) *
The Enemy Front Stealth, Action and Sabotage trailer:

Looks much better and mooooooooore realistic as W-NO grin.gif
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ May 7 2014, 08:02 PM) *
Looks much better and mooooooooore realistic as W-NO grin.gif

I have to agree, Stoer. Like Daredevil said earlier, all this new release would need is a mapping and modding community for it to develop into something special. Does anyone know if the iron sights feature is optional or not? I really don't like using them, one of the many things I hated about Wolfenstein 2009 hammer.gif .
StoerFaktoR
ZITAT
Does anyone know if the iron sights feature is optional or not?

I ´think it´s the same as "aim down the sight" in COD 4+
Press a key for "ads" :)
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ May 8 2014, 04:56 PM) *

As long as it isn't mandatory then I really don't mind, I prefer the Wolf-ET/RtCW "shoot from the hip" style. Thanks Stoer thanks.gif .
StoerFaktoR
ZITAT({WeB}GANG$TA @ May 8 2014, 05:18 PM) *
ZITAT(StoerFaktoR @ May 8 2014, 04:56 PM) *

As long as it isn't mandatory then I really don't mind, I prefer the Wolf-ET/RtCW "shoot from the hip" style. Thanks Stoer thanks.gif .

Without ads is really difficult to hit any targets (most of time)...
thats why they added this feature
On Cod4 it´s easy to hit without ads, if the distance is short enough.
I love ads and i can remember, that i also saw this feature for ET some years ago. grin.gif
Wolf Enstein
Here's another stealth-mode video preview of Enemy Front:

Wolf Enstein
This story video gives us an insight into the main character of Enemy Front and his association with the local resistance fighters. His name is Robert Hawkins and he's an American news reporter:

Wolf Enstein
The new Enemy Front multiplayer trailer showcasing fierce battles from Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Freedom Fighter MP modes. Up to 12 players online:

CS|kOoL
Hi all,

Great video , thanks for sharing !!

CS|kOoL.
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (CS|kOoL @ Jun 3 2014, 11:30 PM) *
Great video , thanks for sharing !!

You're welcome, K0ol, here's the next one:

super.gif brutale.gif
CS|kOoL
Hi all,

Again an awesome video , thanks BRO !!

CS|kOoL.
Dragon!
You can grab it here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/256190/

... there is only 4 MP maps and what is more players report that the game is bugged as hell sadd.gif
Wolf Enstein
The 4 MP maps are:

1] Warsaw Tram Depot

2] French Town

3] Barricades

4] Harbor

And you're right, Dragon, it really does look like COD 2. Here's a short MP video:

Dragon!
I guess I will wait for at least 75% off to get this game.

Random MP review from Steam forums:
I was really hoping for a great WW2 MP game to replace some games no longer popular. Even with only 12 players for a server, I had hoped this game would fit the bill. However, in its current condition it is plagued with problems.

• No anti-cheat
• No dedicated public servers like I was told - https://twitter.com/thekillingcrew/status/474795733992751104
• No FOV slider - though you can edit the config file and change your FOV
• Difficulty connecting to servers - They almost always time out
• No rcon support
• POORLY optimized
• Customer support is non-existant
• MP will be completely dead in less than a week
• Constant game crashes

I could go on, but you get the idea. I strongly suggest you avoid buying this game. In a couple of weeks, it will be on sale for $5. You might want to pick it up then for the single player. MP will long since be dead by then.

Buyer beware...

But at least SP seems to be good enough, most people say it is fun.
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Dragon! @ Jun 12 2014, 08:20 PM) *
........I strongly suggest you avoid buying this game. In a couple of weeks, it will be on sale for $5. You might want to pick it up then for the single player. MP will long since be dead by then.

Well, that was a pretty harsh review from that bloke readthis.gif . The game looks worth buying just for the SP, which seems like a lot of fun to play. The MP-side of things is something that can be worked on and developed over time. It's now just a case of, "wait and see", I suppose.
Medelwr
QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Jun 13 2014, 03:18 PM) *
QUOTE (Dragon! @ Jun 12 2014, 08:20 PM) *
........I strongly suggest you avoid buying this game. In a couple of weeks, it will be on sale for $5. You might want to pick it up then for the single player. MP will long since be dead by then.

Well, that was a pretty harsh review from that bloke readthis.gif . The game looks worth buying just for the SP, which seems like a lot of fun to play. The MP-side of things is something that can be worked on and developed over time. It's now just a case of, "wait and see", I suppose.

What evidence have you got to support such a claim?
Being a new game soon to be released I would imagine that it will long thrive with players from the word go and wouldn't see a decline in players for another five to ten years so Dragon in future please keep any opinions to yourself unless you are asked for one.
Dragon!
Hmm, I guess you are a complete ignorant or a spam bot that just copy'n'paste some text from the internet cause the above post is just a nonsense to me.
Medelwr
QUOTE (Dragon! @ Jun 15 2014, 12:35 AM) *
Hmm, I guess you are a complete ignorant or a spam bot that just copy'n'paste some text from the internet cause the above post is just a nonsense to me.

You sir are wrong :) Nonesense you say? Not as much as the nonesense you brought up which was the reason for my quote / reply.
Dragon!
Have you played the game? I am sure you haven't so your opinion is invalid.

60% of voters agreed with him which means he is not completely wrong. It does not mean the game is bad though, as Gangsta say they might fix it over time...
Medelwr
QUOTE (Dragon! @ Jun 15 2014, 11:08 AM) *
Have you played the game? I am sure you haven't so your opinion is invalid.

60% of voters agreed with him which means he is not completely wrong. It does not mean the game is bad though, as Gangsta say they might fix it over time...

I was disagreeing with you, not TacTicToe. Also, my opinion is valid and still stands as it is.
Dragon!
OK, I will not respond to you anymore. Clearly a troll or ignorant. Dunno which is worse.
Wolf Enstein
This is my fault, because of the quote I used in my post. It looks like I quoted Dragon's own words when in actual fact I'd actually quoted what Dragon had quoted from Tactictoe. Sorry chaps.

Medelwr bro, Dragon is one of the few people who has been nothing but positive about Enemy Front. We both feel the game needs some more time to develop and that too many players are being far too quick to condemn it.

Sorry again for the confusion brought about due to my post
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.