Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fueldump -Z-
[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > --> REPORT NEWS HERE <--
Pages: 1, 2
Wolf Enstein
This new version of Fueldump created by Old Owl is so good that it really should have it's own thread, so here it is grin.gif .

Enjoy the screenshots super.gif :

This the infamous "Don't build the east!" defences. However, just like Tigerdump B7, Old Owl has solved that problem by creating a double-door entry point for the defending team super.gif .

Thanks again for a superb new version of Fueldump, Herr Owl thanks.gif .
$mart
Thanks G-Man for initiating this thread ! Sure this map is very beautiful, but do you know if OB files exist ?
StoerFaktoR
ZITAT($mart @ May 12 2014, 03:53 PM) *
Thanks G-Man for initiating this thread ! Sure this map is very beautiful, but do you know if OB files exist ?

Download the waypoints here Click to view attachment

or make a copy of the fueldump.way & fueldump.gm
rename both files to fueldump-z.way & fueldump-z.gm
and paste both files into your nav folder... (restart the map)

Thats it :
$mart
Thanks ! But if files are the same, bots will never use new access/door ? Or just a workaround ?
StoerFaktoR
ZITAT($mart @ May 12 2014, 05:53 PM) *
Thanks ! But if files are the same, bots will never use new access/door ? Or just a workaround ?

donīt know.
but if you can wait till tomorrow ,i'll check the waypoints if the bots
will use this door
$mart
No panic man, thanks, map is uploaded, and I wait for players to vote it xD
Important to note (see readme.txt) :
CODE
forcecvar com_hunkmegs 128
is needed.

StoerFaktoR
ZITAT($mart @ May 12 2014, 06:18 PM) *
No panic man, thanks, map is uploaded, and I wait for players to vote it xD
Important to note (see readme.txt) :
QUELLTEXT
forcecvar com_hunkmegs 128
is needed.

added 2 waypoints for the door. grin.gif
Hope it works cheers.gif

Click to view attachment

Wolf Enstein
QUOTE ($mart @ May 12 2014, 04:53 PM) *
Thanks G-Man for initiating this thread !

You're welcome, $mart bro super.gif .

QUOTE (StoerFaktoR @ May 12 2014, 08:26 PM) *
added 2 waypoints for the door. grin.gif
Hope it works cheers.gif

Thanks for the omnibot files, Stoer thanks.gif .
Old-Owl
Thank you guys for the nice comments and for the Omnibot support!
If you allow me, I'll add your navigation files and your credits together in a future release of this map.
I will test the bots too, adding the latest version files in our main server. cheers.gif
Dragon!
Very nice map! I have one question though. How about gamestate chars in comparision with original Fuel Dump?
Old-Owl
My map should have a bit less entities than the original, but it's not so different.
The problem is that the source have so many entities, imho most are useless, and it has some bugs like flipped triangles and visible caulk.

At the moment, with NoQuarter 1.2.9 I manage maps like this one enabling the g_CsMethod when the amount of the players are more than 18,
in this way the gamestate string don't seems to go over 16000 bytes. A LUA script can do the job automatically.

Since I found some small anaesthetic bugs (they doesn't affect the gameplay), my intention is to reduce the number of the entities in the next release.
Medelwr
Ahh a very nice map indeed.
I can already see my name being engraved on that door as "Med's no through door"...Long story, I'll leave herr G to tell t3h it grin.gif
Patriot
Looks like a good map Mate

awesome gfx and the door at the dump is a great asset.

have it running now, and if no one complains about fps drops, it will stay.

Well done, hope to see more from you :)
Wolf Enstein
Stoer bro, we uploaded the map to our server yesterday and tested it, it ran perfectly. However, we noticed that the Allies couldn't spawn at the command post and so we added the standard Fueldump script to rectify this.

The Allies could now spawn at their command post, but the ammo and health cabinets in the Axis spawn disappeared and the Fueldump east defences could only be partially constructed motz.gif . Is there a Fueldump script available that only creates the new Allied CP spawn or will we have to edit the existing one?

Old-Owl
Hi GANG$TA,

the script is included in the zip archive, look inside the folder mapsscripts.

It add the spawn point when the allied CP is done, but the players have manually to change the spawn point to the command post.

If someone will edit it to set the new spawn as automatic, I can include it in a future release of the map.
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Old-Owl @ May 15 2014, 02:33 PM) *
Hi GANG$TA,

hammer.gif bash.gif depp.gif

Thanks Owl bro. We downloaded the map via the Wolffiles test servers, we didn't download the zip file. I'll download it now and take a look thanks.gif .
StoerFaktoR
ZITAT({WeB}GANG$TA @ May 15 2014, 04:52 PM) *
ZITAT(Old-Owl @ May 15 2014, 02:33 PM) *
Hi GANG$TA,

hammer.gif bash.gif depp.gif

Thanks Owl bro. We downloaded the map via the Wolffiles test servers, we didn't download the zip file. I'll download it now and take a look thanks.gif .

ditsch.gif ditsch.gif ditsch.gif ditsch.gif ditsch.gif ditsch.gif ditsch.gif ditsch.gif
Old-Owl
I discovered a small aesthetic bug in the tank, so I had to fix the map script.
You can download the script here :

http://xftp.dark-alchemy.com/pub/Fueldump-...and-Omnibot.zip

it includes the Omnibot files, the bots now can open the doors.

Feel free to give me some feedbacks. Thanks :)
Wolf Enstein
Thanks for the update, Owl cheers.gif .
CS|kOoL
Hi all,

thanks.gif for your great job ! respect.gif
Wolf Enstein
Uploaded the new script and botfiles to the server last night, Owl. We tested them and everything works perfectly cheers.gif .
Old-Owl
Hi all,

the omnibot files are updated and added the missed file "goals".
Now the bots do something, before they were lazy grin.gif Sorry for the inconvenience.

Link : http://xftp.dark-alchemy.com/pub/Fueldump-...nibot_fixed.zip
Wolf Enstein
Thanks for the new omnibot files, Owl, we've uploaded them to our server cheers.gif . One problem we did notice with Fueldump-Z is with the map short name in the arena file. It's a similar problem to the one we had with the map, FG Warzone. Here's a thread about it which will hopefully explain the problem better than I can:

http://www.flame-guards.com/forum/viewtopi...?f=8&t=2944
{WeB}*DoG
Hi Owl

yeah the basic problem is this. on our server we still run campaigns when we include fueldump z on the splash screen between maps it says not all maps in current campaign are present, but they actually are. In the arena file the short map name is Fueldump if we include just fueldump in the campaign list we get original fueldump and the splash screen is fine. but as soon as we change the shortmap name to fueldump-z, fueldump-z loads and runs no problem but the campaign list is comprimised

I had a very similar problem with the map FG warzone and I spoke to RioAlex over at the flameguards website and he told me it was an arena. file issue but neglected to tell me what exactly was wrong, he just gave me a link to the fix so i cant tell you what to edit , although its not a massive issue we can still play the map but it would be nice to be able to see the full campaign list. Any help would be gratefully appreciated

kindest regards Dogster

cheers.gif cheers.gif
Old-Owl
Thanks for the feedbacks!

Since I am doing some small changes, like to put a wooden platform in front of the fueldump doors (to prevent allies to block the passage with landmines), I will release a beta2, including the new corrected arena file, the new onmibot files and the new script for NQ.

If you don't have further suggestions, soon the new map will be ready. cheers.gif

Regards
Owl
Wolf Enstein
Great news, Owl, for the beta 2 release cheers.gif . We were wondering if you could make the door in the east defences covert ops-proof, so that it can't be used as an easy entry point to the fueldump objective?
Medelwr
Anything to prevent the despicable faggots from walking in there along with an engi and finishing the game :P

...Can't go through the door anyway. It doesn't allow the Welsh to walk through grin.gif
Wolf Enstein
Any more news on the next release of Fuedump-Z-, Owl ?
monkeySputum
QUOTE ({WeB}GANG$TA @ Jul 24 2014, 05:37 PM) *
Great news, Owl, for the beta 2 release cheers.gif . We were wondering if you could make the door in the east defences covert ops-proof, so that it can't be used as an easy entry point to the fueldump objective?

Yeah, because your 15 mines in there isn't enough.
Old-Owl
The map is fixed for all known bugs, and I added one footboard at the fueldump doors so the enemies can't plant landmines there.
Now I want to change it's name to something short, like "fd-z_b2" or "fdumpz_b2" then reduce some entities, and not sure, if it's the case to add some modifications, but this is something I have to be sure because it may ruin the magic of this map. :)
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (monkeySputum @ Sep 10 2014, 07:08 PM) *
Yeah, because your 15 mines in there isn't enough.

grin.gif grin.gif grin.gif

I wouldn't modify it too much, Owl bro, it plays great as it is. The main thing that needed fixed was the map BSP name thanks.gif .

Old-Owl
Hi friends,

the map Beta2 is ready. The short name is fixed.

Some small things adjusted.
The door near fueldump objective have a small platform below, so the enemy can't plant the landmines and be lame grin.gif

Please test it before make it official. The pictures are the same, since the aspect is almost similar.

http://xftp.dark-alchemy.com/pub/Fueldump-Z_Beta2.zip

Feedbacks welcome.

Thanks
Owl
CS|kOoL
Hi,

1 more time thanks for your hard work !!

Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Old-Owl @ Nov 24 2014, 02:15 PM) *
Hi friends,

the map Beta2 is ready. The short name is fixed.

Some small things adjusted.
The door near fueldump objective have a small platform below, so the enemy can't plant the landmines and be lame grin.gif

super.gif super.gif super.gif

Thanks for all your hard work once again, Owl bro, we'll test the new version and let you know how we get on cheers.gif .
{WeB}*DoG

Hey owl just to let you know bro the map works wonderfully well very smooth no issues at all also it's fixed the issue for those using campaigns.
Huge thanks for your hard work it's greatly appreciated
Kindest regards Dogster

cheers.gif
macbeth
QUOTE ({WeB}*DoG @ Dec 4 2014, 12:48 AM) *

Hey owl just to let you know bro the map works wonderfully well very smooth no issues at all also it's fixed the issue for those using campaigns.
Huge thanks for your hard work it's greatly appreciated
Kindest regards Dogster

cheers.gif

just curious but for this map still hunkmegs need to be at least at 128 ?

thanks
{WeB}*DoG
Hey Miss MacBeth
I presume you mean in our own configs rather than server side... We played through it all last night with no ill effects in my config I have Hunkmegs set to 256. I can't speak for our other guys but I would bet Gangsta's is set to at least that if not 512.
Regards Dogster

cheers.gif
macbeth
QUOTE ({WeB}*DoG @ Dec 4 2014, 11:39 AM) *
Hey Miss MacBeth
I presume you mean in our own configs rather than server side... We played through it all last night with no ill effects in my config I have Hunkmegs set to 256. I can't speak for our other guys but I would bet Gangsta's is set to at least that if not 512.
Regards Dogster

cheers.gif

yes clients side cuz almost maps need only 56 but for somes maps like transmitter,fueldump and few others you need more

example

com_hunkmegs "56"
com_soundmegs "8"
com_zonemegs "16

I think the following config can be the best for your ammount of ram:

example

/seta com_hunkmegs "96"
/seta com_soundmegs "24"
/seta com_zonemegs "32"

How much RAM do you have? If you don't have a decent amount (at least one gig), then setting higher numbers for ET is going to slow your system down. If you have less than a gig, you should seriously consider upgrading your computer. Basically, if you have a proper amount of RAM, setting your hunkmegs to 128 really shouldn't lag you

etc....
{WeB}*DoG
Awesome miss M

We have so many oddball maps we have all hunk megs set high to avoid problems.... In raid b4 I had to alter my sound megs because before I did it was unplayable for me....

cheers.gif
macbeth
QUOTE ({WeB}*DoG @ Dec 5 2014, 02:45 PM) *
Awesome miss M

We have so many oddball maps we have all hunk megs set high to avoid problems.... In raid b4 I had to alter my sound megs because before I did it was unplayable for me....

cheers.gif

yes but still many guys don't know what is hunkmegs for

just I will like to know if for this fueldump version, guys not have to have more than 56 wich one is the basic hunkmegs for almost et maps
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (macbeth @ Dec 5 2014, 05:50 PM) *
...........just I will like to know if for this fueldump version, guys not have to have more than 56 wich one is the basic hunkmegs for almost et maps

The original "56 hunkmeg" setting is now out of date, Miss McB, it's better to increase it nowadays. I made this post on our website to help our members fix their hunkmeg problems, here's a link:

http://webclan.freeforums.org/hunkmeg-problems-fix-t966.html

Yes, some players use other methods to rectify this problem, but we have found this way to be the most effective.
Old-Owl
Thank you all for the positive feedbacks, even basically the map is not my creation at all, it is the original of ET of course, I only changed the atmosphere to make it warm and pleasant as I wanted, plus add that door which is very useful for the axis that now can build the fence and block the allies strafejumpers when they go for the fence way that usually isn't built on purpose. ditsch.gif

Now about the Com_Hunkmegs the answer is, yes, the clients exceed the 32000 bytes and so they crash, so they needs more than 56k and I can say that my client configuration works fine with com_hunkmegs 128

Fueldump have too many entities and the only way to make it playable for default hunkmegs is to remove all useless decorations like handrails and more,remove the LMS part of the map which is invisible with other game modes, and see if this work. It can be an idea to make a redux version, if you like this idea I can try to do it.

If no bugs are found I will ask SL to make it official "Fueldump-Z Beta2" in the news and in the sl.maps with it's screenshot + download

Owl

macbeth
QUOTE (Old-Owl @ Dec 6 2014, 12:19 PM) *
Thank you all for the positive feedbacks, even basically the map is not my creation at all, it is the original of ET of course, I only changed the atmosphere to make it warm and pleasant as I wanted, plus add that door which is very useful for the axis that now can build the fence and block the allies strafejumpers when they go for the fence way that usually isn't built on purpose. ditsch.gif

Now about the Com_Hunkmegs the answer is, yes, the clients exceed the 32000 bytes and so they crash, so they needs more than 56k and I can say that my client configuration works fine with com_hunkmegs 128

Fueldump have too many entities and the only way to make it playable for default hunkmegs is to remove all useless decorations like handrails and more,remove the LMS part of the map which is invisible with other game modes, and see if this work. It can be an idea to make a redux version, if you like this idea I can try to do it.

If no bugs are found I will ask SL to make it official "Fueldump-Z Beta2" in the news and in the sl.maps with it's screenshot + download

Owl

this is a version for players who don't have their hunkmegs at least at 128 , was our maps designer who made it years ago

Visit My Website

if this can help
Old-Owl
QUOTE (macbeth @ Dec 6 2014, 01:07 PM) *
this is a version for players who don't have their hunkmegs at least at 128 , was our maps designer who made it years ago

Visit My Website

if this can help

Lol, this link point to another map and it doesn't help you and it is off topic. You only asked for Hunkmegs informations, so if you want help, then fix all your etconfig.cfg replacing "com_hunkmegs 56" to "com_hunkmegs 192" and all maps works fine.
macbeth
QUOTE (Old-Owl @ Dec 7 2014, 10:58 AM) *
QUOTE (macbeth @ Dec 6 2014, 01:07 PM) *

Visit My Website

if this can help

Lol, this link point to another map and it doesn't help you and it is off topic. You only asked for Hunkmegs informations, so if you want help, then fix all your etconfig.cfg replacing "com_hunkmegs 56" to "com_hunkmegs 192" and all maps works fine.

I posted this link cuz you posted "Fueldump have too many entities and the only way to make it playable for default hunkmegs is to remove all useless decorations like handrails and more,remove the LMS part of the map which is invisible with other game modes, and see if this work. It can be an idea to make a redux version, if you like this idea I can try to do it."
and with our map u can use it to see what they changed it is all ...
Wolf Enstein
We've been testing the latest version of your map, Owl, it plays really well and is definitely the best version to date winner.gif .
Old-Owl
Thanks again GANG$TA for the nice words. :)

Last step is to change the script behaviour in order to change the allies default spawn to the garages, at the condition that the last gate has been destroyed by the tank, and the CP is built.

Seems that I need to add the spawns with GTK radiant and not through the script, so a new map release it's needed perhaps.

In the meantime I can think if it's the case to refine small things.

About com_hunkmegs, I think that most advanced players know ho to fix it in their configs, and I think that most players will migrate to ET LEgacy and there that variable has been settled 128 as default. super.gif
CS|kOoL
Hi all,

I confirm what i have said to you "Old-Owl" , you have made some awesome job !!!

Thanks for all your hard work !!

QUOTE (Old-Owl @ Dec 30 2014, 12:55 PM) *
Last step is to change the script behaviour in order to change the allies default spawn to the garages, at the condition that the last gate has been destroyed by the tank, and the CP is built.

Seems that I need to add the spawns with GTK radiant and not through the script, so a new map release it's needed perhaps.

In the meantime I can think if it's the case to refine small things.

I see and i am glad that you are motived to implement my little idea but take your time because the map is already almost perfect for us :)

Take your time...and when the auto spawn to the garage will be effective (when the last gate is destroyed and the "CP" constructed) then it will be for sure and definitively an unavoidable map , even if i have to say (for me) it is already.

QUOTE (Old-Owl @ Dec 30 2014, 12:55 PM) *
About com_hunkmegs, I think that most advanced players know ho to fix it in their configs, and I think that most players will migrate to ET LEgacy and there that variable has been settled 128 as default.

You are right and i have no problem with that too :)

I wish you a happy new year 2015 !!

CS|kOoL.
Old-Owl
The script has been modified as suggested by CS|kOoL ( thanks to -)A(-Islander ) and it will be built in the map so we don't need to add it in "mapsscript" mod folder.
There in the garage I added the spawns, and the script change default allied spawn there only if CP is built and the 2nd gate has been destroyed. :)

The name will return like before : fueldump-z2 :)

Before compile the map I ask you if you have found some new bugs or I can proceed without any further modification.

Thanks grin.gif
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Old-Owl @ Feb 1 2015, 06:25 PM) *
The script has been modified as suggested by CS|kOoL ( thanks to -)A(-Islander ) and it will be built in the map so we don't need to add it in "mapsscript" mod folder.
There in the garage I added the spawns, and the script change default allied spawn there only if CP is built and the 2nd gate has been destroyed. :)

Sounds great, Owl bro, looking forward to the new version brutale.gif .

QUOTE (Old-Owl @ Feb 1 2015, 06:25 PM) *
Before compile the map I ask you if you have found some new bugs or I can proceed without any further modification.

We've been playing the map regularly, Owl, but I've yet to find any bugs cheers.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.