Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Enemy Territory II
[splatterladder] Board > --:: gEnErAl ::-- > --> REPORT NEWS HERE <--
Wolf Enstein
Here's the latest video update for "Enemy Territory II" from Gert. If you're a mapper, modder or animator and would like to get involved with the new project , then please email the Devteam at gert@nothing2great.com nicken.gif

Nico'x
This is great!!!
Teuthis
Omg, this is awesome. Is this the UE4 engine? C++ scripting?, this is fantastic work.
Wolf Enstein
Yes, Teuthis, it's "UE4", the bloke who's running the Devteam just signed up at the "TwT" website nicken.gif .
Teuthis
QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ May 23 2019, 11:34 PM) *
Yes, Teuthis, it's "UE4", the bloke who's running the Devteam just signed up at the "TwT" website nicken.gif .

Gotcha. This project is certainly what we are all graving for. The UE4 editor is managable, easier asthe GTK radiant. The scripting part is (at least for me) challanging since the Q3 engine uses totally different scripting language. While the Q3 scripting is something we learned to get along with, it certainly requires a set of young folks who have the eager to dig in her as much as we old folks did 10 years ago with the Q3 engine. Also the coding part, so everything around the mapping is certainly an uphill battle. But absolutely worth the fight. I hope this works out. Would be totally awesome
#AxE|dookie
Looking forward to this!
macbeth
wait and see ...

This is why I don't really believe in that project. It's easy to put some effort for a few months, but it requires years of effort to get some playable results. Wish them all the best, but I don't believe ET2 will succeed
Lot of hype around that ET2. But you know, they only demonstrated some visual for now. I don't believe that will go past a few months of effort.
It's not the first attempt at "reviving ET", and not the last. They all failed till now

Ronboy
QUOTE (macbeth @ May 25 2019, 11:46 AM) *
wait and see ...

This is why I don't really believe in that project. It's easy to put some effort for a few months, but it requires years of effort to get some playable results. Wish them all the best, but I don't believe ET2 will succeed
Lot of hype around that ET2. But you know, they only demonstrated some visual for now. I don't believe that will go past a few months of effort.
It's not the first attempt at "reviving ET", and not the last. They all failed till now

You have a point. It's the same story with Rtcw; all efforts to create a remake/reboot have either failed or are still in development. None of those projects have been finalized yet.
Teuthis
QUOTE (Ronboy @ May 26 2019, 09:11 PM) *
QUOTE (macbeth @ May 25 2019, 11:46 AM) *
wait and see ...

You have a point. It's the same story with Rtcw; all efforts to create a remake/reboot have either failed or are still in development. None of those projects have been finalized yet.

Well said and true, but who believed in us 10 years ago? Who thought we would ever come up with a playable map or level? Perseverance and enthusiam is a starting point revolutions have been won with. But as I said, it requires a swarm of enthusiasts with different skills, one fish can’t make it. But TWT is an excellent platform to start off with. The coding part is the greatest obstacle in my view....
Hope it works out
Teuthis
An option would be to look for an UE4 based ego shooter for which the source code is available (if there is any). Then modifying the code to get as close to ET as possible. Some russian top shelf hacker might also be of value but I personally prefer to stay on the legal side of things :)

With an innocent smile...
Teuthis
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Teuthis @ May 28 2019, 08:18 PM) *
An option would be to look for an UE4 based ego shooter for which the source code is available (if there is any).....

I've already pointed this out as a "back-up" option for Gert and his Devteam, Teuthis. The game I've suggested to him is "Battalion 1944".

"BATT:44" is quite similar to "Wolf: ET" in respects to "Team Deathmatch" mode. Also, they are releasing the "Battalion Toolkit" which contains everything modders and mappers need in order to create content and mods for the game:

With the "Battalion Toolkit" you can create your mod for the game, upload it to "Steam", set the mod to "private" and test it without interruption.

However, it gets better. You can also set your mod to "friends only" so that all the friends you have linked to that "Steam" account can test it with you.

There are now a full set of training videos available from the Devteam to show us how to use the tools and create mods. Go to the 7:51 mark in this video to see the "Steam" set up for mods being demonstrated:

Ronboy
QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ May 28 2019, 03:51 PM) *
I've already pointed this out as a "back-up" option for Gert and his Devteam, Teuthis. The game I've suggested to him is "Battalion 1944".

"BATT:44" is quite similar to "Wolf: ET" in respects to "Team Deathmatch" mode. Also, they are releasing the "Battalion Toolkit" which contains everything modders and mappers need in order to create content and mods for the game:

With the "Battalion Toolkit" you can create your mod for the game, upload it to "Steam", set the mod to "private" and test it without interruption.

However, it gets better. You can also set your mod to "friends only" so that all the friends you have linked to that "Steam" account can test it with you.

There are now a full set of training videos available from the Devteam to show us how to use the tools and create mods. Go to the 7:51 mark in this video to see the "Steam" set up for mods being demonstrated:

I saw this announcement a while back ago, and I'm glad to see a game studio (in this day and time) releasing mod/mapping tools, as this rarely happens anymore. It's sad but hopefully something amazing will come from what's been going on here. nicken.gif
Wolf Enstein
Here's a few more screenshots from the project to enjoy, folks nicken.gif :

super.gif

#AxE|dookie
QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Jun 15 2019, 03:07 PM) *

super.gif

Cant wait on 1st beta...
Ronboy
QUOTE (#AxE|dookie @ Jun 15 2019, 02:03 PM) *
QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Jun 15 2019, 03:07 PM) *

super.gif

Cant wait on 1st beta...

Me too. This project looks promising, but hopefully it won't be left unfinished like other promising remake/remaster projects. nicken.gif
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Ronboy @ Jun 18 2019, 04:35 PM) *
This project looks promising, but hopefully it won't be left unfinished like other promising remake/remaster projects. nicken.gif

I mentioned this to Gert, the project leader, yesterday on 'Youtube', Ron. I told him that I had no faith in his abilities to actually create this project, but also told him that I hope he proves me wrong. What really annoyed me, mate, was when I spent days trying to find him some talented help to work with him on this 'UE4' project. I eventually found a very talented game creator who said he was interested in working with him.

I sent Gert the links to contact him and he did nothing in regards to following this up. I've now sent him the details once again and Gert now says that he'll contact him. We'll see what happens. I've done this for 'ET: Legacy' too and recently spent days trying to find them more coders to help them out. I now appreciate that these coders are like 'gold dust' and everyboby creating any project are always looking to find them too.

Anyway, here's an unexpected video update about how the project has progressed so far:

Teuthis
QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Oct 8 2019, 03:22 PM) *
QUOTE (Ronboy @ Jun 18 2019, 04:35 PM) *
This project looks promising, but hopefully it won't be left unfinished like other promising remake/remaster projects. nicken.gif

I mentioned this to Gert, the project leader, yesterday on 'Youtube', Ron. I told him that I had no faith in his abilities to actually create this project, but also told him that I hope he proves me wrong. What really annoyed me, mate, was when I spent days trying to find him some talented help to work with him on this 'UE4' project. I eventually found a very talented game creator who said he was interested in working with him.

I sent Gert the links to contact him and he did nothing in regards to following this up. I've now sent him the details once again and Gert now says that he'll contact him. We'll see what happens. I've done this for 'ET: Legacy' too and recently spent days trying to find them more coders to help them out. I now appreciate that these coders are like 'gold dust' and everyboby creating any project are always looking to find them too.

Anyway, here's an unexpected video update about how the project has progressed so far:

These folks have earned my respect. They made it already beyond my expectations. But what they need i.m.o. is a lot of cash to hire some top shelf coder. The mapping and modding community will grow automatically once the game is playable and public. I would even donate some bugs if there would be an early access option or something
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Teuthis @ Oct 24 2019, 07:44 PM) *
These folks have earned my respect. They made it already beyond my expectations...

Not for me, Teuthis, I'm still very skeptical about the whole thing, but I genuinely hope I'm wrong. You mentioned coders, but I already sent him the information on this bloke here: KiLLGRiD

He never contacted him, even though I told him that he was very interested in this new 'Wolf:ET' game. Has he contacted him now, after me mentioning it again? Your guess is as good as mine, mate.
Teuthis
QUOTE (Wolf Enstein @ Oct 25 2019, 12:37 AM) *
QUOTE (Teuthis @ Oct 24 2019, 07:44 PM) *
These folks have earned my respect. They made it already beyond my expectations...

Not for me, Teuthis, I'm still very skeptical about the whole thing, but I genuinely hope I'm wrong. You mentioned coders, but I already sent him the information on this bloke here: KiLLGRiD

He never contacted him, even though I told him that he was very interested in this new 'Wolf:ET' game. Has he contacted him now, after me mentioning it again? Your guess is as good as mine, mate.

Your point is well taken but remember that every person has a life next to ET and there might be reasons why folks don‘t respond instantly. But I see that these folks have eagerness, enthusiasm and perseverance. This is the mixture needed to be successful. But they will need help and cash and you did a good job helping to connect the right people

And yes, the guy who coded these features is an important merit. Hope they get connected
Wolf Enstein
QUOTE (Teuthis @ Oct 25 2019, 06:29 PM) *
And yes, the guy who coded these features is an important merit. Hope they get connected...

Yep, I really hope they succeed, Teuthis nicken.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.