Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HTML, GET and other problems
[splatterladder] Board > --:: SplatterLadder ::-- > [splatterladder] - Feedback
hemebond
First of all, thank you for the great service. I now use this site instead the in-game browser for ETQW. Having said that, I do have some issues with the server list side of things (I don't use the rest of the site):
  1. Please fix the server list filter (permanent filter) to send a GET request, not a POST request.
  2. Only the forum recognises that I am logged in.
  3. The HTML code is extremely bloated; it's approximately four times larger than it needs to be to have the functionality it does and makes for very slow load times.
  4. The server info page is also very bloated underneath.
  5. I can't figure out what the map list on the left of the server info page is for; some sort of stats page for something? Seems useless.
Thanks again for the service.
Ragnar_40k
  1. Afaik the search options are stored client side inside a cookie.
  2. Forum and game specific sites reside on different servers. The login is synchronized across the different servers (so ideally you only need to login once), though this always takes some time and isn't instant. So in some occasions you need to login twice.
  3. We use the IPB template system (from the forum). Template based approaches usually create larger sized code than handcrafted html code.
  4. See #3.
  5. It shows the sessioninfo for the maps last played on this server, i.e. the calculating of the rating for the players.
hemebond
QUOTE (Ragnar_40k @ May 25 2008, 05:16 AM) *
  1. Afaik the search options are stored client side inside a cookie.
  2. Forum and game specific sites reside on different servers. The login is synchronized across the different servers (so ideally you only need to login once), though this always takes some time and isn't instant. So in some occasions you need to login twice.
  3. We use the IPB template system (from the forum). Template based approaches usually create larger sized code than handcrafted html code.
  4. See #3.
  5. It shows the sessioninfo for the maps last played on this server, i.e. the calculating of the rating for the players.
Hi Ragnar, thanks for replying.
  1. The filtering doesn't work very well for me. Filtering by mod flushes existing fitlers and prevents me from applying any afterwards. They're certainly not stored between sessions or after browsing away from the server list. Sometimes changing a specific filtering option (maybe the mod filter?) will result in a GET request that blocks all other filters applying.
  2. Ah thanks. Logged in again and it recognises me.
  3. That's a shame. Can the template not be fixed?
  4. See #3 :-)
  5. I see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.